Sorbet Cake with Chocolate Glaze
|Chocolate wafer||9 Ounce, crushed finely|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||8 Ounce|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Raspberry extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Crush cookies finely, add sugar, and melted butter – mix together.
2. Put cookies into a Ziploc bag to crush them.
3. Divide cookie mixture in half and layer first half on bottom of lightly buttered Springform pan.
4. Spread 2 pints of softened sorbet over the cookie crust evenly.
5. Layer second half of cookie mixture on top of sorbet, spread evenly and freeze.
6. When bottom layer is completely frozen, add two more pints of softened sorbet on top, spread evenly, and freeze until all layers are hard and completely frozen.
7. While second layer of sorbet is freezing, heat butter, chocolate and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.
8. Stir until combined and glossy – then add raspberry extract. Cool slightly.
9. Once the sorbet layers are completely hardened, release the cake from the Springform pan (keeping bottom of pan in place) and move cake to a serving plate.
10. Spread glaze over top and freeze for at least 10 minutes before serving.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website