Ricotta Pound Cake with 4-Berry Topping
|For the pound cake|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), room temperature (1 1/2 stick)|
|Whole milk ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Large, at room temperature|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Zest of orange||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the toppings|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as desired)|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as desired)|
|Blackberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as desired)|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (as desired)|
|Granulated sugar/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a loaf pan with butter. Set aside.
3. TOPPING: In a bowl put all of the berries and sprinkle granulated sugar. Toss to coat all and place in the fridge to marinate for around 15 minutes or till the cake is ready.
4. In a bowl mix cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
5. In another bowl, add butter, ricotta cheese and granulated sugar. Using an electric beater mix it well till creamy and combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, continuing to beat after each addition. Put vanilla extract, almond extract and the zest of orange. Mix it well.
7. Slowly add the flour mixture into the egg-cheese mixture while continuously beating till all flour is incorporated to a smooth batter.
8. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for around 50 minutes or till a toothpick when inserted, comes out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for around 15 minutes. Later invert the pan to release the cake and let it cool completely around 20 minutes before slicing.
10. In a serving plate, serve the cake slice sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with the marinated berries.