I love showing people that Great Everyday Meals can be elegant too! This recipe for Salmon Cakes is a dish you’re more likely to order in a restaurant instead of making it yourself at home. But once you see how simple it is to make, you may just want to try it for yourself.
Go ahead! COOK!
Please See Video
1) Take canned salmon and drain the water.
2) Chop one red bell pepper. Dice one small portion of large red onion.
2) Keep the salmon in a bowl. Add 1 cup of bread crumbs.
3) Add the chopped bell pepper and red onion to the salmon.
4) Take the yolk of one egg in a separate bowl.
5) Add little salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme seasoning to the salmon mixture. Add little oregano to the mixture. Mix them well.
6) Add the egg yolk to the salmon mixture (Add more egg if required).
7) Make patties with this prepared mixture.
8) Keep the patties in a plate and put in the refrigerator for 5-10minutes.
9) Fry the patties in the heated oil.
Beans dressing and spinach dressing
10) Boil water in a pan and add little salt.
11) Put the green beans in the boiling water and allow to blanch for couple of minutes.
12) Drain the beans and put in the ice water.
13) Heat the pan on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
14) Meanwhile take out the beans from ice water. keep the beans aside.
15) Take a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, little salt, pepper, and little olive oil.
16) Add 1 package of spinach to the dressing.
17) Chop the remaining red onion, 2-3 cloves of garlic.
18) Heat a pan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
19) Add the chopped onion, garlic and sauté for few minutes.
20) Add little salt and pepper.
21) Add the green beans and squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon.
22) Cook for few couple of minutes until the beans are cooked.
23) Serve the salmon cake with spinach and beans dressing.