White Chocolate Coated And Cookie Jeweled Christmas Fruit Cake
To make the Cookie dough:
1. Mix butter, milk, and powder sugar with spatula until creamy.
2. Sift in the cake flour and bread flour mixture (you can use all-purpose flour) little by little and mix well.
3. Roll out dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to 0.3 cm (0.1 inch) thick. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour to chill.
4. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F).
To make the cookies.
5. Remove the plastic wrap. Cut out cookies with cookie cutters of your choice. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll out scraps, and repeat.
6. Bake at 170C (338F) for 10-12 minutes.
7. Cool the cookies, on the sheet or wire rack.
8. Attach sprinkles using tweezers to stick on outline made with chocolate pen. Allow cookies to set on the side.
To make the cake
9. Turn up the oven temperature to 180C (350F).
10. Mash the banana with fork.
11. Cream the butter in a large bowl with a wire whisk. Add sugar, beaten egg (little by little), and mix well.
12. With a spatula, mix banana. Sift in flour and baking powder a small amount at a time, and mix well.
13. Then add rum-soaked raisins and mix well.
14. Butter a cake pan and pour the batter into the pan.
15. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until lightly browned. Depending on the heat of the oven, cooking time may differ, so please watch out.
16. Place the cake pan on the wire rack to cool.
To Decorate the cake:
17. Remove the cake from the pan and turn upside-down on the wire rack.
18. Melt white chocolate over hot water. Pour over the cake and spread over the side or let it drizzle down the side.
19. Decorate the cake with cookies and meringue Santa Claus, or any sugar decoration of your choice ;)
20. Serve the cake on a decorated platter if you like.
Set the chocolate pen in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Cut the tip of the chocolate pen and use.