1) Take a deep saucepan and add 5 ounce unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup strong coffee, 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese and 4 cardamom pods.
2) Cook for 2 minutes on medium-low heat.
3) Turn off the heat and keep stirring for 2 minutes.
4) Remove the cardamom when done.
5) Take 2 1/4 cups of sugar and 1 cup canola oil in a separate bowl.
6) Add 3 eggs and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
7) Beat the mixture for 30 seconds and then add mascarpone mixture.
8) Take another bowl and add 3 cups of all purpose flour.
9) Add 1 teaspoon baking soda.
10) Add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder , 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
11) Sift together and then add to the chocolate powder.
12) Add 1 cup chocolate chips and then blend them.
13) Dish the batter into the muffin cups.
14) Let the cupcakes to rise for 20 minutes.
15) Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
For Ganache Topping
16) Take 6 ounce semi-sweet chocolate, 2/3 cup heavy cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a pan.
17) Heat for couple of minutes till you see the bubbles appearing on the outside edge of the cream.
18) Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and mix them well to make smooth.
19) Take out the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool for 1 hour.
20) Dip the cupcakes in the ganache and top with almonds or sea salt. Serve the cupcakes.