1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Drain the cherries, reserving the juice.
3) In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
4) Add in the oil and mix well.
5) Mix together the cherry juice and water, bringing the total liquid quantity to 2 cups.
6) Add in the vanilla and mix well.
7) Divide the cake mix between two 9" square cake pans.
8) Place in the hot oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
9) Allow to completely cool.
Here is a vegan-style “chocolate” cake that is really simple to prepare. The quantities for the ingredients used are for a double layered cake, so you might want to keep that in mind while making this. Nothing complicated about making this cake, so it’s a great option for beginners too!