Have you gave up the thought of baking cake just because you don't have an oven or microwave. Now you don't have any excuses as you can make very soft, fluffy, spongy cake at home that too with out oven. Yes you can bake up cake just like oven in a Pressure Cooker! What are you waiting for? Just gear up for this easy breezy Eggless delight!
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Maida)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
3 Tablespoon (Unsweetened)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Hot)
1) Mix together Oil, Sugar, water and vanilla essence in mixing bowl.
2) Stir in all wet ingredients well until sugar is dissolved.
3) Sift all dry ingredients maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, in wet ingredients.
4) Mix dry ingredients well with wet ingredients.
5) Preheat pressure cooker over medium heat for 5 minutes.
6) Grease cake tin well using cooking oil.
7) In a cake mixture add lime juice, mix and immediately pour cake mixture in baking tin.
8) First put one empty pot in a pressure cooker and on the to of empty pot put cake tin.
9) Make sure that cake tin doesn't touch the bottom of the cooker.
10) Cover with the lid without putting whistle on.
11) Bake on medium heat for first 5 minutes.
12) Lower down the heat to low to medium and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
13) After 30 minutes leave the cake in hot cooker for 5 more minutes.
14) After 5 minutes insert a tooth pick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clear that means cake is done.
15) If some batter sticks to the toothpick then continue to bake cake for 10 more minutes.
16) Allow the cake to cool down for 10 minutes.
17) After 10 minute run the knife around the edges of cake tin.
18) Put one dish on the top of cake tin and flip this over.
19) The cake should come out without sticking to the bottom of cake tin.
20) Allow it to cool down on cooling rack before putting icing on cake.
21) Serve just as it is or with dollop of cream or ice cream!