Homemade Eggless Chocolate Cake
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Maida)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||3 Tablespoon (Unsweetened)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Hot)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Mix together Oil, Sugar, water and vanilla essence in mixing bowl.
2) Stir in all wet ingredients well until sugar is dissolved.
3) Sift all dry ingredients maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, in wet ingredients.
4) Mix dry ingredients well with wet ingredients.
5) Preheat pressure cooker over medium heat for 5 minutes.
6) Grease cake tin well using cooking oil.
7) In a cake mixture add lime juice, mix and immediately pour cake mixture in baking tin.
8) First put one empty pot in a pressure cooker and on the to of empty pot put cake tin.
9) Make sure that cake tin doesn't touch the bottom of the cooker.
10) Cover with the lid without putting whistle on.
11) Bake on medium heat for first 5 minutes.
12) Lower down the heat to low to medium and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.
13) After 30 minutes leave the cake in hot cooker for 5 more minutes.
14) After 5 minutes insert a tooth pick in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clear that means cake is done.
15) If some batter sticks to the toothpick then continue to bake cake for 10 more minutes.
16) Allow the cake to cool down for 10 minutes.
17) After 10 minute run the knife around the edges of cake tin.
18) Put one dish on the top of cake tin and flip this over.
19) The cake should come out without sticking to the bottom of cake tin.
20) Allow it to cool down on cooling rack before putting icing on cake.
21) Serve just as it is or with dollop of cream or ice cream!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1326 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.7%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 551.6 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 190 g63.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.5%
Sugars 68.3 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 68.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet