Pineapple Upside Down Cake
|Pineapples/Fresh pineapple||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Butter||14 Tablespoon (1/2 cup for topping and remaining for batter)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the cake batter|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (unbleached organic flour)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (from pineapple can)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a cake pan over low heat, melt ½ cup of butter with brown sugar, stir until it starts to lightly bubble and stir well.
3. Take the pan off the heat and place the pineapple rings in single layers, in the bottom of pan.
4. Arrange the cherries in the centre of each pineapple ring, and set the cake pan aside.
5. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
6. In another bowl, place together remaining butter and sugar and blend well using a hand blender for about 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add in the vanilla and beat well.
8. Add 1 egg at a time in the butter sugar mixture and beat in between each addition.
9. Add in the flour mixture and pineapple liquid in 3 to 4 small batches, in the egg mixture and beat well after each addition.
10. Pour the batter over the pineapple rings and flatten lightly.
11. Bake in the oven for about 35 to 45 minutes until light brown in colour.
12. Remove the cake from oven, allow to cool completely, and invert the cake on a serving plate.
13. Cut the cake and serve as desired.
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 137.3 mg45.8%
Sodium 319.3 mg13.3%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 72.7 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 21.4% Vitamin C 537.7%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet