1. Thinly slice the strawberries, set aside.
2. Mince the strawberries for the vanilla cream, set aside.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degree.
5. Prepare a foiled lined baking sheet.
6. In mixing bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar, stir set aside.
7. In another bowl combine egg and half and half, mix well.
8. Add the butter to the dry ingredients; lightly mix with your fingers.
9. Add the wet ingredients to the flour and mix well, form smooth dough.
10. Transfer the dough on a floured worktop, dust the dough with flour and roll it out about ¼ inch thick.
11. Cut the dough into squares and fold the squares into triangles.
12. Once done place it on the baking sheet, once done brush with heavy whipping cream and sprinkle some sugar on top.
13. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
14. Once done remove and allow it to cool.
15. In a bowl combine sliced strawberries add sugar and mix.
16. In a blender cup pour heavy whipping cream, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
17. Blend with a hand blender until cream is nice an thick, add minced strawberries and add it to the whipping cream and mix well.
18. Place the shortcake biscuit on a serving plate and top it with strawberry vanilla cream and sliced strawberries.
19. Serve the strawberry shortcake after a hearty meal.