1. Bake an 8x9 inch cake as per the instructions on the cake box. Once cooled completely place it in the freezer for at least 45 minutes before using.
2. Cut off the dome of the cake to make a flat surface on the cake.
3. Divide the frosting into 3 separate bowls. Mix desired colors into them till evenly colored, fill it in different pastry cones and set aside.
4. Place the cake with the bottom/ baked side up and cut it into half. On the tray arrange the halves with the curved sides together as shown in the video.
5. Mark the halves to 1/3rd and 2/3rd in a slant. Cut the cake as per the markings to form the wings. Separate the wings and arrange them to look like a butterfly.
6. Spread the white frosting all over the cake. Smoothen it and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the fridge and spread the remaining white frosting all over the cake. Smoothen the surface and place a candy stick in the center to form the body of the butterfly.
8. Using the frosting filled pastry cones decorate the butterfly as desired. Arrange the candies and colored sugar.
9. In a serving platter, serve the butterfly cake or store it loosely covered.
Want to make an attractive cake for your kid’s birthday? Try making this Butterfly Cake! This effort that goes into making the cake look like a butterfly is worth it when your kids start drooling over it! This cake is also good to make for kids’ parties. Definitely worth a try!