If you’re having a (building) block party, these cakes are the perfect way to inspire your little architect. Professional baker and author Liv Hansen for the Betty Crocker Kitchens shows us a unique way to make a fresh take off the old block.
1 Large (13x9 inch)
1 Teaspoon (any color of choice)
1. Bake a 13x9 inch cake according to the instruction on the box.
2. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using.
3. In a bowl, put the frosting and add any desired color. Mix it well to color it evenly and set aside.
4. Slice the marshmallows with greased kitchen scissors. Set aside.
5. Take the cake and slice off the dome with a serrated knife. Flip the cake.
6. Cut it into squares or rectangles as desired.
7. Crumb coat the cake with desired color frosting all around the cake and leave it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the fridge and apply another thick coat of frosting of the same color. Smoothen out the surface.
9. Hold the marshmallows with a fork and spread the frosting all over it. Place it carefully on the frosted cake and cover up any left out space with the frosting. Repeat this with as many marshmallows as required.
10. In a serving plate, serve the cake for the building block party.
Want to surprise your kid with a delicious and appetizing cake? Try making this Building Blocks Cake! This cake is simple and easy to make and the building block shape gets kids all excited! Try it for your kids’ sake!
How To Make A Building Blocks Cake - Block Birthday Cake Recipe Video