How to Make a Building Blocks Cake - Block Birthday Cake
|Cake||1 Large (13x9 inch)|
|Food color||1 Teaspoon (any color of choice)|
1. Bake a 13x9 inch cake according to the instruction on the box.
2. Place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using.
3. In a bowl, put the frosting and add any desired color. Mix it well to color it evenly and set aside.
4. Slice the marshmallows with greased kitchen scissors. Set aside.
5. Take the cake and slice off the dome with a serrated knife. Flip the cake.
6. Cut it into squares or rectangles as desired.
7. Crumb coat the cake with desired color frosting all around the cake and leave it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the fridge and apply another thick coat of frosting of the same color. Smoothen out the surface.
9. Hold the marshmallows with a fork and spread the frosting all over it. Place it carefully on the frosted cake and cover up any left out space with the frosting. Repeat this with as many marshmallows as required.
10. In a serving plate, serve the cake for the building block party.
Offset spatula/ butter knife
Calories 925 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g67.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.5 mg75.2%
Sodium 552.3 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g43.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 94.4 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.7% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet