Spiced Chocolate Cake
|Golden syrup||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Flour||5 Ounce (1 1/2 level teaspoons baking powder to be used with plain flour)|
|Mixed spice||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Chocolate powder||1 Ounce|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Sifted icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (for sprinkling)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar, margarine and golden syrup.
3) Sieve together the dry ingredients and add to the cream mixture, alternately with the beaten eggs.
4) Add just enough milk to give the batter a sticky consistency and then add the sultanas.
5) Into a loaf tin, put the batter and bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
6) Turn the cake out on a serving platter and dust with sieved icing sugar. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Can be served as a dessert as well as a tea/coffee accompaniment.