|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||6 , stiffly beaten|
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks. Beat it well.
3. Add sugar, beating it until it is thick and light in colour.
4. Sift flour, salt and baking powder into egg-yolk mixture. Beat it.
5. Add vanilla and egg whites. Beat well.
6. Grease and dust with flour two 8-inch layer-cake pans.
7. Pour the batter into it.
8. Bake it in an oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until it browns and is free from the sides of pan.
9. Invert it on a cake rack. Keep it aside to cool.
10. Serve whipped cream or cooked fruit or icing or any filling of your choice between the layers of cake.