|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||6 , stiffly beaten|
1. Preheat oven at 350° F.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks. Beat it well.
3. Add sugar, beating it until it is thick and light in colour.
4. Sift flour, salt and baking powder into egg-yolk mixture. Beat it.
5. Add vanilla and egg whites. Beat well.
6. Grease and dust with flour two 8-inch layer-cake pans.
7. Pour the batter into it.
8. Bake it in an oven at 350°F for 20 minutes or until it browns and is free from the sides of pan.
9. Invert it on a cake rack. Keep it aside to cool.
10. Serve whipped cream or cooked fruit or icing or any filling of your choice between the layers of cake.
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg61.7%
Sodium 128.9 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.71%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.4% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet