Shallow Fried Fish Cakes
|Cooked fish||8 Ounce|
|Mashed potatoes||8 Ounce|
|Chopped fresh herbs/1 pinch dried herbs||1 Tablespoon (mixed)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for coating)|
|Fat/Oil||4 Tablespoon (for frying)|
1) Remove all small bones and skin from the fish.
2) Slice tomatoes into 4 wedges.
3) In a bowl, beat together cooked potatoes with fish until smooth.
4) Add some butter and a little milk and beat. Then, add herbs and seasonings.
5) Fold in grated outer rind of lemon and a lemon juice. Mix it well.
6) Divide the mixture and shape it into round, oval or fish shapes.
7) Apply a coat of beaten egg on shapes followed with breadcrumbs. Pat them firmly.
8) In a frying pan, heat oil and shallow fry the shapes from both sides, until golden brown. Drain excess oil.
9) Grill the tomato wedges lightly.
10) Serve the fish cakes on a serving platter, topped with grill tomato slices, with green peas, cooked and tossed in butter.