|Sweet butter||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||6 , stiffly beaten|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven at 325° F.
2. In a bowl, take butter.
3. Add sugar gradually while doing so beat it well until it is light fluffy.
4. Add egg yolk, one at a time, beating after each addition.
5. In a bowl, take flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
6. Sift it into the butter mixture. Mix it lightly.
7. Add brandy. Stir well.
8. Add egg whites. Mix well.
9. Butter a 9-inch spring-form pan. Pour the above batter into it.
10. Bake it in an oven at 325° for 1 hour or till a cake tester comes out clean.
11. Invert it on a cake rack. Keep it aside to cool.
12. To serve Butter Cake, dust with confectioner-€™s sugar.