Pumpkin Spice Cake
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Muscat raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Pound (1 can)|
|Salad oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cream cheese frosting|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 package)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Pound|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Take a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan and grease well.
3. Coarsely chop raisins and walnuts.
4. Into large bowl sift flour with baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon and ginger and toss lightly adding raisins and walnuts to combine.
5. In large bowl of electric mixer, at high speed, beat eggs until thick and yellow.
6. Gradually beat in sugar until thick and light.
7. At low speed, beat in oil and pumpkin to blend well and gradually stir in flour mixture until well blended.
8. Turn into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
9. Let it cool completely in pan placed on wire rack.
To make Cream Cheese Frosting :
10. In a medium bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese with butter and vanilla until creamy.
11. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
12. Loosen edge of the cake with a spatula and invert on cake plate.
13. Frost with Cream-Cheese Frosting spreading thickly over top of cake making decorative swirls with knife.
14. Cut into squares and serve.