|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled, sliced|
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 400° F.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder and 3 tablespoons sugar.
3. Add half the quantity of butter.
4. Beat the egg and milk together.
5. Add it to the sifted flour mixture and knead into dough.
6. Butter a 12 x 8-inch baking pan. Take the batter in it.
7. Place the apples in rows.
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining quantity of sugar.
9. In a pan, melt butter. Pour it over the above dough.
10. Bake it in an oven at 400° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
11. Apply with melted jelly if you want to. Cut it into squares.
12. Serve Apple Cake with tea or coffee.
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.1 mg56%
Sodium 437.1 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 71 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet