|Sifted flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apples||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled, sliced|
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven at 400° F.
2. In a bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder and 3 tablespoons sugar.
3. Add half the quantity of butter.
4. Beat the egg and milk together.
5. Add it to the sifted flour mixture and knead into dough.
6. Butter a 12 x 8-inch baking pan. Take the batter in it.
7. Place the apples in rows.
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining quantity of sugar.
9. In a pan, melt butter. Pour it over the above dough.
10. Bake it in an oven at 400° for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
11. Apply with melted jelly if you want to. Cut it into squares.
12. Serve Apple Cake with tea or coffee.