Three 9 inch Dark Chocolate Cake Layers
|Unsweetened cocoa||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a medium bowl, add in cocoa into the boiling water. Mix it to get a smooth paste. Cool down completely.
3) Onto a waxed paper, sift together the baking soda, salt and baking powder.
4) Grease three 9X1 1/2-inch layer-cake pans. Dust them lightly with flour.
5) In a large bowl, add in butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat well scraping the sides occasionally, till the mixture becomes light and fluffy in about 5 minutes.
6) On low speed, beat in the 1/4 of the flour and 1/3 of the cocoa mixture alternatively into the wet ingredients. At the flour at the start and the end. Make sure not to overbeat the mixture.
7) Transfer the batter into the cake pans. Smoothen the tops and bake for about 30 minutes.
8) Allow the cake pans to cool down for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cake with a spatula, before overturning them onto a wire rack to cool down completely.
9) Serve the Three 9 Inch Dark Chocolate Cake Layers frosted with cream and garnished with chocolate sprinkles.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6053 Calories from Fat 2049
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 253 g389.8%
Saturated Fat 122.3 g611.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1329.7 mg443.2%
Sodium 4238.5 mg176.6%
Total Carbohydrates 908 g302.7%
Dietary Fiber 104.5 g418.1%
Sugars 502.8 g
Protein 110 g220.4%
Vitamin A 131.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 41.6% Iron 111.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet