Orange Blossom Date Cake
|Flour||8 Ounce (Use 2 Level Teaspoons Of Baking Powder With Plain Flour)|
|Lard/Cooking fat||5 Ounce|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (Prefer Sour Milk)|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 to 275 degrees.
2) Grease a 9-inch square tin.
3) Sieve the flour or the baking powder and flour.
4) Cream together the sugar and fat till the mixture is light and fluffy.
5) Gradually add the beaten eggs and then the sieved ingredients, alternately with the milk. Mix well.
6) Chop the nuts and dates and fold them into the flour mixture.
7) Pour the batter into the greased tin.
8) Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
9) Let the baked cake cool for about 5 minutes and then remove it from the tin. Place on a cake plate with the top side uppermost.
10) In a saucepan, boil the orange juice along with the sugar and orange rind.
11) Pour the warm syrup all over cake.
12) Serve the orange syrup drenched cake while the cake and syrup are still warm. Whipped cream makes a good accompaniment to the delectable dessert.