Peach Pumpkin Upside Down Cake
|Canned peach halves in heavy syrup||29 Ounce (1 Can, 1 Pound 13 Ounce)|
|All-purpose flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pureed pumpkin/Fresh pureed pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Peach preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Lightly grease and flour a 10-inch spring form or layer-cake pan.
3) Pour of the liquid from the peach halves, reserving 1/4 cup of the syrup.
4) Leave the peaches aside to drain well.
5) On a sheet of parchment paper, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
6) In a bowl of mixer, beat together oil with sugar until well incorporated.
7) Beat in eggs, one at a time.
8) While still beating, add in pumpkin.
9) Lower the speed, and beat in flour mixture just until well mixed.
10) Transfer the cake batter into the pan.
11) Place the peach halves and pecans on top.
12) Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until surface of cake springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
13) In a saucepan mix together, reserved syrup and preserves.
14) Heat to boil, stirring constantly until preserves melt.
15) Take the cake out from the pan and allow to cool on wire rack for 10 minutes
16) Remove the cake from the pan by twisting the sides of pan or using a small knife to loosen the edges.
17) Place the cake on serving plate.
18) Apply the peach glaze on top using a pastry brush.
19) Slice in wedges and serve warm or cool as desired.
Calories 656 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 443.2 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 64.5 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 131.1% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 5% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet