Corn Cakes With Caviar
|Fresh corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 4 Large Ears)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Yellow corn meal||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted (1/2 Stick)|
|Egg yolk||1 Large|
|Finely chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche/Sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Container)|
|Black lumpfish caviar||2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Red lumpfish caviar||2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a food processor or blender place 1 cup corn kernels and add 2 tablespoons milk.
2. If using blender, blend half at a time and process until almost smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
4. Make well in the center, add pureed corn, remaining 1 cup corn kernels, the remaining milk, butter, eggs, yolk and green onion and blend well with wooden spoon.
5. Brush griddle or nonstick skillet lightly with oil and heat until a drop of water sprinkled on surface sizzles.
6. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon batter onto griddle for each cake and cook several at a time, not letting cakes touch, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.
7. Remove and repeat with remaining batter.
8. Arrange corn cakes, slightly overlapping, on salad plates and spoon creme fraiche on top of each cake.
9. Top with black and red caviar and serve immediately.