Rich Queen Cakes
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 Ounce (If Using Plain Flour, Use 1 Level Teaspoon Of Baking Powder With It)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce, halved|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence.
3) Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
4) Fold in the baking powder (if using) as well as the sieved flour. Then add the hot water and sultanas.
5) Fill greased bun tins about two-thirds full with the batter.
6) Bake neat the top of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
7) Turn the freshly baked cake out on a cake rack and ice, if preferred. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Makes a good dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2004 Calories from Fat 910
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.3%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 181.8 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 148.4 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 90.9% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet