One 8 inch Fudge Cake Layer
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a 8X1 1/2-inch layer cake pan and lightly dust it with flour.
3) In a double broiler, melt the chocolate over hot water. Allow the chocolate to cool down.
4) Into a large bowl, sift together sugar, soda and salt. Mix in shortening and sour cream. Beat the mixture for 2 minutes using an electric mixer on MEDIUM.
5) Next, add in the egg, vanilla and melted chocolate along with 2 tablespoons of hot water. Beat the mixture for 2 more minutes.
6) Transfer the mixture into the baking pan.
7) Bake for about 35 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes.
8) Transfer the cake onto a cooling rack and let cool down completely.
9) Serve the One 8 Inch Fudge Cake Layer frosted with chocolate fudge syrup, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2047 Calories from Fat 850
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.7%
Saturated Fat 37 g184.8%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 271.3 mg90.4%
Sodium 1825.7 mg76.1%
Total Carbohydrates 282 g94%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.2%
Sugars 154.9 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 18.1% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 28.9% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet