Classic Sponge Cake
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
1. Preheat the oven at 325° F.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks.
3. Add sugar gradually and beat it so that it becomes thick and light in color.
4. Add lemon juice and rind.
5. In another bowl, take egg whites and salt. Beat it well so that it becomes stiff but not dry.
6. Top it on the egg yolk mixture.
7. Sift flour over the egg whites mixture and beat it well.
8. In a 10-inch tube pan, take the above contents.
9. Bake it in an oven at 325° F for 50 minutes or until it browns and is free from the sides of pan.
10. Invert cake and keep it aside to cool.
11. Serve Sponge Cake with tea or coffee.
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg61.7%
Sodium 136.1 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24.1%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 42 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet