Quick Basic Sponge Cake
|Flour||4 Ounce (With Plain Flour Use 1 1/2 Level Teaspoons Baking Powder)|
|Cooking fat||4 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
1. Preheat oven at 375°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. Line the bottom of two 7-inch sandwich tins or one 8-inch tin with greased greaseproof paper.
3. In a mixing bowl, sieve flour and baking powder.
4. Add all the other ingredients into the bowl. Beat it with a wooden spoon for about 1 minute until it mixes well.
5. Pour the mixture evenly between tins.
6. Bake two 7-inch tins side by side on the centre shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes or bake one 8-inch sandwich cake for 35 minutes in a moderate oven at 375°F or Gas Mark 4.