Quick Coffee Cake
|Shortening||1 Teaspoon (To Grease Pan)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) Take a baking pan and grease it with shortening.
3) In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
4) In another bowl, add shortening and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
5) Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Then, add egg and milk. Beat until incorporated. Scrape the sides with rubber spatula.
6) Now, fold in the dry ingredients and mix until completely wet. Put them in baking pan.
7) In a saucepan melt butter on low heat.
8) In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon and stir in melted butter.
9) Spread the mixture over the batter in the baking pan.
10) Bake the coffee cake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let it cool and then slice.
11) Serve the quick coffee cake with coffee or as afterschool snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2044 Calories from Fat 654
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.7%
Saturated Fat 24.9 g124.3%
Trans Fat 6.6 g
Cholesterol 258.8 mg86.3%
Sodium 1896.4 mg79%
Total Carbohydrates 324 g108.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 175.5 g
Protein 31 g61.7%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 0.32%
Calcium 101.7% Iron 62.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet