|Pinto beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), well cooked (liquid drained and 1/4 cup reserved)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apples||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. To prepare the beans thoroughly mash them in liquid.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. In a bowl beat together oil, honey, vanilla and egg and then beat well adding beans.
4. In another bowl mix together dry ingredients and combine 1/2 of the dry ingredients with the bean mixture mixing slightly.
5. Add apples, raisins, nuts and remaining flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
6. Grease an 8-inch square pan and pour mixture into it.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour until a toothpick comes clean.
8. Serve the cake with topping or as desired.