I went out of town to visit grandma and she blessed me with some of her homemade cream cheese pound cake. God I love that woman!!! This cream cheese pound cake bakes up soft, moist and velvety smooth.
Unsalted butter stick
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), at room temperature
8 Ounce, at room temperature
6 Large, at room temperature
3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted
Cake flour/All purpose flour
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, add butter and cream cheese. Beat well till combined.
3. Add 3 eggs one after another. Mix to incorporate the egg before adding the next.
4. Put ½ of the sugar and continue to mix well till combined. Then add the remaining half and mix well till incorporated.
5. Repeat step 2 with the remaining 3 eggs.
6. Put the vanilla and lemon extracts and mix well till combined.
7. Add ½ of the flour with baking powder and mix well, then add the other half of the flour and mix till incorporated.
8. Slowly pour or spoon the batter into the greased bundt pan. Swirl a knife through it to release air.
9. Place the pan into the oven and turn it on to 325 degrees F (do not preheat the oven here).
10. Bake for 1 ½ hours or till the cake is done.
11. Remove from oven and let it cool to demold the cake from the pan.
12. In a serving plate, slice the cake and serve with milk or any other refreshing beverage of choice.
Who doesn't like a nice and soft Cream Cheese Pound Cake, right? That's correct, we all do! It is a versatile cake. You can eat it, just as it is of you can use it with different fillings and icings. This video is all about that. Watch and learn folks!