Spiced Plum Cake
|Plums||1 Pound, stoned and chopped (450 Gram)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Ground cinnamon||5 Milliliter|
|Concentrated apple juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Butter/Sunflower margarine||4 Ounce (1 Tablespoon)|
|Concentrated pear and apple spread||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Whole-wheat flour||5 Ounce (150 Grams)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg/15 milliliter soya flour mixed with 15-30 milliliter water||1 Large|
|Whole blanched almonds||6 (For Garnish)|
|Yogurt/Smetana||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
2. In a bowl combine plums, sultanas, almonds, cinnamon and apple juice.
3. In another bowl, cream butter with fruit spread.
4. Sieve flour and baking powder. Add the bran left in the sieve.
5. Beat in egg or soya flour mixture.
6. Grease an 18 cm (7 in) cake tin.
7. At the base of the tin spread two-thirds of the cake mixture.
8. Cover with fruit filling on top.
9. Spread remaining cake mixture on top.
10. Decorate with whole almonds.
11. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
12. Serve warm with yogurt or smetana.