Cherry Almond Cake
|Self-raising flour||7 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Ground almonds||1 Ounce|
|Glace cherries||6 Ounce|
1. Wash and dry the cherries and then cut the cherries into four pieces.
2. In a large bowl, tip in the flour and salt and combine well.
3. Toss the cut cherries in the flour and mix well
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar and combine till soft. Add the sugar to the pan and beat till light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs while beating continuously one at a time with a little of the flour.
6. Add the almonds, cherries and remaining flour and beat well to make a smooth paste
7. Pour into greased baking tins and bake for one hour 20 minutes till done
8. Serve warm or pack in a polythene bag or in heavy-duty foil for later
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2792 Calories from Fat 989
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.6%
Saturated Fat 63.2 g316%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 878.3 mg292.8%
Sodium 3038.8 mg126.6%
Total Carbohydrates 406 g135.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 239.1 g
Protein 41 g82.1%
Vitamin A 71.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 77.8% Iron 66.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet