Pineapple Pecan Upside Down Cake
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple slices||15 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 can)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a 10 inches cast iron skillet melt butter.
2. Sprinkle the butter with brownsugar very evenly.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Drain the pineapple and reserve 1/3 of its juice. Keep the juice aside.
4. Arrange the slices in a single layer just above the brown sugar.
5. In the center section of each pineapple slice place half of the pecan. Keep it aside.
6. In another bowl, beat the egg eggs to get a lemon color and thick consistency.
7. Add sugar slowly and beat well.
8. Mix baking powder, salt and flour.
9. Combine with the egg mixture. Stir the pineapple juice.
10. Beat egg white to get stiff peaks. Fold the egg whites to the flour mixture.
11. Spoon the batter evenly on the pineapple slices.
12. Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F. Check to see if the cake is done.
13. Cool and invert the cake on a plate.
14.Serve pineapple pecan upside down cake with hot cake.