|Plain flour||8 Ounce|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe blackberries||8 Ounce|
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Rub the flour and cinnamon into the butter to make a crumbled consistency. Set aside till later.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
3. In a large bowl, tip in the butter and sugar and cream well. Then beat in the egg and combine it well till it is completely mixed.
4. Gently sieve in the flour, baking powder and salt, and then add milk to bring this mixture to a smooth paste.
5. Pour the mixture into a buttered rectangular tin (about 7 x 11 in.). Sprinkle the dough with the well-washed and drained blackberries. Sprinkle on blackberries and bake again for one hour
6. Cool in a tin and pack tin in polythene bag.
7. Pack in a polythene bag for later or serve warm