Light Christmas Cake
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce|
|Plain flour||10 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange peel||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce|
|Glace pineapple||3 Ounce|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , grated rind|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease and line 10-in. round tin
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4
3. In a large bowl, tip in the butter and sugar and cream well till light and fluffy.
4. Crack each egg into the pan while beating well till all of the eggs are used up. Make sure that you are adding a little flour while alternating with the egg mixture.
5. In another bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together. Chop the fruit and the grated lemon rind together and add to the flour mixture. Add a little milk if necessary to make a soft consistency.
6. Pour the mixture into the tin and then bake the mixture for 1 1/2 hours.
7. Cool and then pack in heavy-duty foil or polythene.
8. Serve warm or pack it for later use.