Microwave Cooked Rhubarb Cake
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), combined with 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rhubarb pieces||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 Inch Long)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Line two cake dishes with wax paper (9 inch round shaped) and keep aside.
2) Mix all the ingredients, except rhubarb, in a bowl and blend (first at low speed and then at medium speed for about 2 minutes).
3) Add rhubarb and mix well.
4) Pour half the batter into one of the lined cake dishes and microwave for about 6 minutes at medium temperature (rotate the cake dish during the baking process) and then microwave for about 3 minutes at high temperature.
5) Sprinkle the first baked layer with the topping mixture and microwave for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6) Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
7 ) Repeat above steps for second layer.
8) Spread whipped cream between cake layers if required.