Pineapple Upside Down Cake With Honey
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple rings in juice||8 Ounce, 1/3 cup juice reserved (1 Can)|
|Maraschino cherries||9 , well drained|
|Yellow cake mix||9 Ounce (1 Package, One Layer Size)|
1) Microwave butter in the baking dish for about 1 minute, till it melts.
2) Tilt the dish to evenly coat the bottom.
3) Sprinkle sugar and drizzle honey on the butter coated bottom of the dish.
4) Layer the bottom with the pineapple rings and if required cut the rings to fit into the dish.
5) Place pecan halves around the pineapple rings.
6) Microwave the dish for about 3 minutes on high temperature, after placing it on inverted saucer.
7) Meanwhile, blend cake mix, reserved pineapple juice and egg in a medium bowl, with the help of an electric mixer (run it on low speed).
8) Beat the cake mixture for about 2 minutes on medium speed and spoon the batter on to the layer of pineapple rings in the baking dish.
9) Place the dish on inverted saucer and microwave for about 5 minutes on medium temperature (rotate the dish a couple of times during the baking process).
10) Then increase the temperature of the microwave to high and bake for another 2 to 5 minutes, till a toothpick poked into the cake comes out clean.
11) Cool the cake for about 5 minutes. (loosen the edges with the help of a knife, if required).
12) Turn the cake upside down on the serving plate and serve warm with whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2012 Calories from Fat 654
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.4%
Saturated Fat 39.3 g196.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 1677 mg69.9%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 222.9 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet