Spiced Buttermilk Pound Cake
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan
2. Preheat the oven to 350°
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter till soft and creamy and then gradually add in the sugar while beating well. Then beat in the eggs one at a time while mixing well again.
4. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices.
5. Pour the buttermilk in to creamed mixture while alternating with the flour mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
6. Add in the chopped walnuts and vanilla and gently pour the mixture the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pans and set on wire racks to cool
7. Serve warm or at room temperature