|Apples||3 Medium, peeled & thinly sliced|
|Sugar||5 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 2⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a mixing bowl and combine together apples, sugar and cinnamon in it. Set aside.
3) Take another large size mixing bowl and mix together 2 cups sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in it.
4) Add eggs, vegetables oil, orange juice and vanilla extract.
5) Combine the mixture with flour mixture. Mix well to form a thick batter.
6) Take a 10 inch tube pan and grease it. Pour prepared batter into it.
7) Top with thinly sliced apples, leaving about a 1/2 inch margin around sides and center.
8) Repeat the layering, ending with batter on top.
9) Bake for about 1 hour 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted at the center comes out clean.
10) Allow the Apple Cake to cool in the pan for about 10-15 minutes.
11) Remove from pan and cool completely.
12) Garnish with extra apple slices and powdered sugar, if desired. Slice and serve.
Calories 725 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.1%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 427.3 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17%
Sugars 66.3 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet