Prune Ginger Cake
|Dried prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey/Fruit concentrate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses/Rice syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Carob powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Grease a tube pan.
3. In a pan, take prunes and add 1 ½ cups of water. Simmer it for around 15 minutes or until prunes turn soft.
4. In a blender, puree prunes with cooking water and keep it aside.
5. In an electric mixer, take oil and honey and blend it till the liquid becomes light.
6. In a bowl, break an egg and beat it.
7. Add molasses and prune puree and the oil and honey mix.
8. Add all the dry ingredients except baking soda to the above liquid.
9. Dissolve baking soda in 1 cup water and add it to the above mixture. Beat it vigorously to form a batter.
10. In a greased tube pan, pour the above batter. Bake it for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
11. Remove cake from oven and cool it for 15 minutes while still in pan on the rack. Then take the cake out of the pan into a serving plate.
12. To serve Prune Ginger Cake, slice and serve with tea.