Carob Honey Cake
|Carob powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Safflower oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 , separated|
|Vanilla essence||3 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees C.
2. In a bowl, take carob powder and boiling water. Stir it till all lumps are dissolved.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. In an electric mixer, churn honey and oil on medium speed.
5. Add egg yolks one by one.
6. Then add carob powder mixture and vanilla.
7. Add the remaining dry ingredients and beat the batter well until it is of a smooth texture.
8. In a bowl, beat egg vigorously whites.
9. Add the batter and beat gently using a wire whisk.
10. In an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, pour the batter. Bake it for 1 hour.
11. Remove pan from oven and let it cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Remove cake from pan by running a knife around the edges to loosen it.
12. Serve Carob Cake after dusting it with powdered sugar.
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 779 mg32.5%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 70 g
Protein 20 g39.5%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 0.7%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet