Banana Pecan Cake
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bananas||2 Large, mashed|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees C.
2. Grease a sponge cake tin.
3. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Keep it aside.
4. In an electric mixer, break eggs, maple syrup and oil until it becomes thick and creamy.
5. Add vanilla and mashed bananas. Mix it well.
6. In a bowl, take the dry ingredients. Beat it well until it moistens.
7. In a greased sponge cake tin, pour the batter. Bake it for 30-45 minutes. To check whether the cake is done, insert knife into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it is done. If not bake it again for 5-10 minutes. Another way to check if cake is done is when the batter leaves the side of the pan.
8. Turn off oven. Open the door of the oven slightly and let the cake cool for 15 minutes in the oven itself. Then, remove the pan and let the cake cool on the rack.
9. Once the cake cools completely, remove from pan and invert into a serving dish.
10. Frost cake with an all-fruit jam or carob frosting and your Banana Pecan Cake is ready to serve.
Calories 1037 Calories from Fat 602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 141 mg47%
Sodium 604.4 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53%
Sugars 49.8 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet