Honey Whole Wheat Sponge Cake
|Eggs||6 Small, separated|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (W/W)|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees C.
2. In an electric mixer, beat egg whites at the high speed so that soft peaks form.
3. While the machine is still running, add ½ cup honey and salt. Continue beating until stiff peaks form, or mixture clings to the bowl.
4. In another bowl, beat egg yolks with a beater. Gradually add remaining honey and vanilla. Beat it until it is thick and light in color.
5. Add egg whites mixture to the above mixture beating it gently but quickly.
6. Add flour. Mix it well.
7. In an ungreased 9-inch tube cake pan, pour batter. Bake it for 1 hour.
8. Remove pan from oven and invert it into a plate to cool it.
9. Run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen cake and invert it into a cake plate.
10. Serve Honey Whole Wheat Sponge cake with hot beverages like tea or coffee.