Carob Mousse Cake
|Ground almonds||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Carob chips/Barley-matt sweetened carob block, broken into pieces / carob disks||1 Pound|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees C.
2. Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
3. Arrange almonds at the bottom of the pan upto 1-1/2 inches height.
4. In a food processor, cut carob block. If using carob chips or disks, skip this step.
5. In a small pot, take whipping cream. Heat it till it begins to boil.
6. While the food processor is still running, pour this whipped cream through feed tube and blend until mixture is smooth.
7. In a bowl break eggs and add vanilla. Blend this in an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
8. Add flour and honey and blend it on high for 10 minutes. The batter should become thick and lemon in color.
9. Slowly, add carob mixture into batter.
10. Pour the above batter into the pan and bake it for 45 minutes or until it puffs up. Ensure that you maintain the consistency of custard and do not overbake it.
11. Remove cake from pan and keep it aside to cool. Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or all night.
12. To serve Carob Mousse Cake, run knife around the edges of the cake and slowly and carefully remove sides of springform pan.