Carrot Applesauce Cake with Apricot Glaze
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey/Fruit concentrate||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Pound, grated|
|Canola oil/Safflower oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All fruit apricot jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Grease two 9-inch cake pans.
3. In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients together.
5. Mix both wet and dry ingredients together. Stir it well so that it gets moistened.
6. In a greased two 9-inch cake pans, pour the batter. Bake for 60 minutes. To check whether the cake is done, insert knife into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it is done. The batter leaving the sides of the pan is also an indication of the cake being done.
7. Remove cakes from oven and let it cool on the cooling rack for around 20 minutes. Then remove cake from pan and invert it into a serving dish to let it cool further.
8. On a serving dish, place one layer of the cake with the flat side facing upwards. Apply a thin layer of apricot jam over it. Then place the second layer with the rounded side up. Apply a layer of the remaining apricot jam and seal the top and the sides.
9. To serve Carrot Applesauce Cake With Apricot Glaze, decorate it with apricot pieces from the jam.
Calories 1887 Calories from Fat 608
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 282 mg94%
Sodium 1741.2 mg72.6%
Total Carbohydrates 313 g104.3%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.5%
Sugars 214.5 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 512.1% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 42% Iron 44.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet