Coconut Spice Cake
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Softened butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a mixing bowl and combine together oil, sugar and brown sugar in it.
2) Stir in eggs, one at a time. Beat nicely upon each addition.
3) Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg to the creamed mixture alternating with buttermilk. But begin and end with the flour mixture.
4) Add vanilla, 1 cup flaked coconut and chopped pecans. Mix well.
5) Pour prepared batter in 2 greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans. Bake at 350° F for about 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Cool the cake in pans for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.
7) FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: Take a mixing bowl and combine together cream cheese and butter in it. Add powdered sugar and blend to form a smooth mixture. Add chopped pecans and stir.
8) Spread cream cheese frosting between cake layers and also on top and sides of cake.
9) Sprinkle with 1 cup flaked coconut on the top and sides. Press into frosting.
10) Garnish with pecan halves. Slice and serve.