Date Walnut Tea Cake
|Whole wheat bread flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bran||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Safflower oil/Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey/Fruit juice concentrate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe bananas||2 Large|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Date pieces in oat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees C.
2) Grease a loaf pan of 9x5 size and keep it aside (2 mini loaf pans can also be used).
3) Mix all the ingredients (except walnuts and date pieces) in a food processor. (stop the machine a couple of times and scrape the sides of the work bowl and scrape the sides using a rubber spatula).
4) Add date pieces and walnuts to the batter and run the processor, to chop the nuts coarsely.
5) Fill the loaf pans with the batter and bake for about 60-70 minutes, till it turns golden brown and firm to touch.
6) When done, take the bread out of the oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
7) The cake slices well after storing it for a day.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3380 Calories from Fat 878
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.7%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1570 mg65.4%
Total Carbohydrates 574 g191.2%
Dietary Fiber 53.4 g213.6%
Sugars 260.2 g
Protein 89 g177.4%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 61.4%
Calcium 69.4% Iron 106.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet