Apricot Spice Cake with Walnuts
|Dried apricots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canola oil/Safflower oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice syrup/Barley malt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fruit juice concentrate/Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour milk/Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a pan, take apricots and water and cook it over a low flame. Simmer it in water until it becomes soft.
2. In a food processor or blender, puree it and keep it aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
4. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
5. In an electric mixer, take oil, sweeteners, vanilla, eggs, sour milk or yogurt, and apricot puree. Run it on low-medium speed to blend it.
6. Add walnuts to it.
7. In a tube pan, pour the above batter. Bake it for 45 minutes or till the time that a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool on a rack for 15 minutes and then remove cake from the pan.
9. Serve Apricot Spice Cake With Walnuts with hot beverages like tea or coffee.
Calories 2028 Calories from Fat 1205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g208.5%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1071.6 mg44.7%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58%
Dietary Fiber 21.3 g85.3%
Sugars 87.5 g
Protein 33 g66.8%
Vitamin A 53.6% Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 60.2% Iron 41.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet