Apricot Spice Cake With Walnuts
|Dried apricots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canola oil/Safflower oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice syrup/Barley malt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fruit juice concentrate/Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour milk/Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a pan, take apricots and water and cook it over a low flame. Simmer it in water until it becomes soft.
2. In a food processor or blender, puree it and keep it aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
4. Grease a 10-inch tube pan.
5. In an electric mixer, take oil, sweeteners, vanilla, eggs, sour milk or yogurt, and apricot puree. Run it on low-medium speed to blend it.
6. Add walnuts to it.
7. In a tube pan, pour the above batter. Bake it for 45 minutes or till the time that a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool on a rack for 15 minutes and then remove cake from the pan.
9. Serve Apricot Spice Cake With Walnuts with hot beverages like tea or coffee.