Strawberry Cake Roll
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen sliced strawberries||10 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Package)|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
To prepare the pan :
1. Take a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan, grease with vegetable oil and line with waxed paper.
2. Grease waxed paper lightly and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven at 375°.
4. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
5. Beat well gradually adding 3/4 cup sugar and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
6. In a bowl combine flour and baking powder and gradually add to sugar mixture, beating just until blended.
7. In another bowl beat egg whites (at room temperature) and salt until stiff peaks form.
8. Stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into flour mixture.
9. Repeat with remaining egg white mixture, stirring in one-fourth of mixture at a time.
10. In the prepared pan spread batter evenly and bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
11. In a 15- x 10-inch rectangle on a towel sift powdered sugar.
12. Once done, loosen the cake from sides of pan, turn out onto sugar to coat and peel off waxed paper.
13. Roll up cake and towel together starting at narrow end and cool on a wire rack, seam side down.
14. In a small saucepan combine jam and corn syrup, bring to a boil, stirring constantly, remove from heat and keep aside.
15. In a bowl beat whipping cream until foamy and continue to beat gradually adding 3 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks form.
16. Beat adding 1/4 tea spoon vanilla until mixed and fold in strawberries.
17. Unroll cake, remove towel, spread cake with strawberry filling and reroll.
18. On serving plate place the cake roll seam side down and brush over with the jam mixture.
19.Chill for 2-3 hours and serve.
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.7 mg39.2%
Sodium 118.8 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet