Caramel Cake Frosting
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
2. Stir in sugar and milk.
3. Cook and stir mixture over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 234°.
4. Take off from heat.
5. Add vanilla but do not stir.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes until cool.
7. With an electric mixer beat on medium speed for 10 minutes until thick.
8. Spread immediately on cooled cake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3518 Calories from Fat 1774
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g310.5%
Saturated Fat 127.3 g636.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 558 mg186%
Sodium 296.5 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 426 g142.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 426.1 g
Protein 19 g38.7%
Vitamin A 124.4% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 72.7% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet