Caramel Cake Frosting
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
2. Stir in sugar and milk.
3. Cook and stir mixture over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 234°.
4. Take off from heat.
5. Add vanilla but do not stir.
6. Let stand for 10 minutes until cool.
7. With an electric mixer beat on medium speed for 10 minutes until thick.
8. Spread immediately on cooled cake.