Cherry Fluff Cake
|Angel cake||8 Inch, round (1 Package)|
|Canned cherry pie filling||21 Ounce (1 Can, 1 Pound 5 Ounce)|
|Creamy cherry frosting mix||1 (1 Package)|
1) Cut a 1-inch-thick slice horizontally from top of cake and set aside.
2) Make a deep circle engraving around the top about 3/4 inch in from outer edge
3) Make a second circle engraving about 1/2 inch from center hole.
4) Using a fork, loosen bottom piece of the cake and lift out leaving a shell.
5) Place the cake shell on a serving plate.
6) Fill cherry pie filling into shell and cover with top slice.
7) Make creamy cherry frosting mix with butter or margarine and water, following label directions.
8) Smear the cherry frosting over the cake.
9) Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
10) Slice into wedges, serve plain or with whipped cream as desired