Curried Fish Cakes
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Shallot||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Salmon||8 Ounce, drained and flaked (250 Grams)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon (1 Slightly Rounded Teaspoon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Mashed potato||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Freshly Cooked)|
|Flour||4 Tablespoon, seasoned (Or As Required)|
|Breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Hot oil/Fat||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, saute the shallots in butter until soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the curry powder and cook for another few minutes.
3) Stir in the salmon, lemon rind and juice and mashed potato.
4) Season with salt and pepper and add a little beaten egg.
5) In a small bowl, combine rest of the beaten egg with a little milk and use for glazing.
6) Transfer the Salmon mixture to a plate and allow to cool.
7) Shape tablespoonsful of the mixture into round flat cakes in seasoned flour.
8) Dip each fish cake in the egg mixture and then coat thoroughly with the breadcrumbs.
9) In a frying pan, deep fry the fish cakes in oil or fat until golden, then drain on paper towels.
10) Garnish the Curried Fish Cakes with lemon slices and parsley and serve.